We accept completed passport applications by appointment. You can download the application form and review the application guidelines at travel.state.gov before making an appointment.
A few things to keep in mind before your appointment:
- Passports that have been expired for less than five years may be renewed directly by mail. Check travel.state.gov for details or ask at the desk for a renewal form.
- Passport applicants need to present government issued photo ID (commonly a Driver's License) and applications must include proof of citizenship which will be submitted with the application to the Department of State. (A previous passport or an original birth certificate with registrar's raised seal are acceptable. A photocopy of a birth certificate is not)
- Payment to the state department is required in the form of a check or money order made out to the US Department of State, with separate payment for each applicant. (the current fees for a standard application are $110 for Adults and $80 for children under 16). The additional fee of $25 to the library can be in the form of cash or check.
- The library can NOT provide passport photos - these must be acquired before your appointment. (Upton Post Office can take passport photos for $15. Other common photo sources are pharmacies and AAA offices.)
- Typical passport applications take four to six weeks for processing with the state department - expedited processing is available for an additional fee of $60 to the Department of State.
- Children under the age of 16 typically require BOTH parents to be present.
- Most appointments will take 15-20 minutes, but may take longer for multiple applicants.
Currently the best times to make an appointment are:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
For any questions about required documentation, fees and forms, or to make an appointment, call 508-529-6272 or email Matthew Bachtold at email@example.com